Saturday, May 7, 2011

Candidates' Forum

This morning, the Brewster Democratic Town Committee hosted the only candidates' forum of the campaign at the Council of Aging. Candidates gave 5-minute speeches and then took questions. They held separate panels for Elementary School Committee, Regional School Committee, Board of Health, Planning Board, and finally Selectmen. The incumbent Selectman, Greg Levasseur, who I am challenging, had a number of supporters in the audience who during the question period got up to say why they they wouldn't vote for me, and perhaps get around to a question. For those who get a change to see it on Channel 18 (first showing at noon on Sunday), you can decide if you think this was an ambush. I think my responses were strong - perhaps stronger than my prepared remarks. We also videoed the session and I will try to put that online sometime this weekend.

Click here for the test of my opening statement

No comments:

Post a Comment